CSPF’s Discretionary Grants Committee met September 11 and awarded 10 grants totaling $49,743 to benefit a number of California’s state parks. The organizations that received grants include:
- Anza-Borrego Foundation, $6,000 to support an expanded outreach campaign to increase visitation to the park, participation in park programs and activities, and park stewardship.
- Benicia State Parks Association, $800 to support a Volunteer Appreciation Event.
- California State Railroad Museum Foundation, $5,000 to support upgrades and enhancements to its website to increase park visitorship and engagement in park programs, activities, and stewardship.
- Coastside State Parks Association, $5,000 to expand and repair the boardwalk at Año Nuevo State Park to make the park and viewing of the elephant seals more accessible to all visitors.
- Literacy for Environmental Justice, $10,000 for its Candlestick Eco-Stewards Project, which involves youth and the community in park improvement and stewardship projects.
- Mendocino Area Parks Association, $6,600 for the repair and restoration of the Lake Cleone Boardwalk at MacKerricher State Park.
- Orange County Coastkeeper, $7,400 to support a restoration, conservation and monitoring program of green abalone along the southern California coast.
- Plumas-Eureka State Parks Association, $1,943 for a Docent Appreciation Dinner.
- Sonoma/Petaluma State Parks Association, $1,000 for a Volunteer Appreciation Dinner.
- Stewards of the Coast and Redwoods, $6,000 to support its Volunteer/Naturalist Interpretive Educational Programs.
To find out more about the California State Parks Foundation, go HERE.